Ligthing over my kitchen sink

by Debbie

We just renovated the kitchen. We are having lighting under my cabinets and would also like to have a light over my kitchen sink. There is a wooden valence over the kitchen sink. What type of lighting fixture would I install over the sink that would shine down well at night?

MY ANSWER: I'd install a recessed light (sometimes called a pot light) - which is typically used in your situation. The valance creates a frame of sorts and the light floods just the sink area.

This type of light is nice and bright for task lighting and the valance hides the glare of the bulb itself from other areas of the room.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask Me a Question.

Thinking of remodeling?

Keep a notebook or scrapbook of notes, clippings and ideas.

Kitchen magazines are expensive - look through them in the grocery checkout line. If you see pix of a kitchen you really like, buy that magazine.

Stop in at home centers and pick up any free cabinet manufacturers' catalogs.